New Member Intro: Ed Sear

Hi everyone!

I’m Ed, a 29y/o based in Crystal Palace. I am trained as an architect and now work in set design for theatre & TV. I have just signed up and look forward to coming to the space soon to get set up.

I love sewing, drawing, and making of any kind, and am keen to advance my physical making skills in a friendly workshop environment. I came to see the space at the last open evening and loved it!

I am experienced in 2D/3D digital drafting and rendering (Rhino 3D, SketchUp, CAD). I am hoping this will come in useful in the SLMS community, with potential for skill-sharing and collaboration on people’s in-progress projects. Give me a shout if you’re interested!

6 Likes

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the space. That line of work must be so interesting, I’m somewhat new to CAD, Ive reached the stage of no longer being terrified of Fusion360 anymore and use it semi regularly for 3D printing and starting to use it for CNC.

It be interesting to have a conversation with you about how we could make CAD accessible? A number of people have never worked in it and find it really daunting.

1 Like

Hi Dorine, thanks. That sounds great! I’ve not used Fusion360 much but looking forward to seeing how I can apply the programs I use to these kinds of tools/physical projects. Yes, it’d be good to chat and I’ll be interested to see what people are using currently.
I might drop by tonight or over the weekend to pickup a key fob - will you be around at all?

Lars Christensen is great!

2 Likes