My large door-stopper spring installation 'Quantum Garden' is now installed in Helsinki!

If you’ve been around the last month, you’ll probably have seen me working away on my large installation involving LED rings and door stopper springs! It’s now all finished up and installed in Aalto University in Helsinki. More info also on its website: quantum.garden.

Thanks for all the good advice, help and company y’all gave while I was working on it! :green_heart:

Here’s a video:

26 Likes

Looks great! It could make a very interesting sound installation / instrument too, in a different context perhaps?

1 Like

Amazing! Great work

1 Like

Excellent Robin!

1 Like

WOW this is amazing! Will have to ask you more about this next time I see you in the workshop as I love interactive art.

1 Like

Sure!

Since this post has been resurrected, here’s a little update:
The science people have been really happy about it, and I’ve since shown it at a handful exhibitions, for example in Sao Paulo (as part of an exhibition on “Cybernetic Consciousness and Quantum Horizons” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:), in Palm Springs (as part of a robotics & space conference), a bunch of places in Finland. This year, it’s going to be shown in France at experimenta.fr, and likely a few more places that I’m currently talking to. Yay!

2 Likes

This is fantastic. Love it!

Thanks so great that it’s being exhibited in so many places!! Very exciting!