Metal Lathe induction

Hi, I was wondering if there are any plans to have another lathe induction soon?
As this is the main machine I would like to be able to use. I have now moved much closer to the Maker Space, so it is a lot easier for me to get to inductions.
I am hoping to get inducted on the lathe in the next few months, as the waiting list is much shorter than for the woodworking machines, like the table saw.
I have quite a lot of experience using a mini milling machine at home, but none on the lathe.
My hobby is making telescopes. The lathe will be very useful for making parts for this, for example for mirror cells to support telescope mirrors.

2 Likes

@woodlathetechs

I should have made clear that I meant the metal lathe, not the wood lathe! The parts I want to work on and make at the moment are aluminium.

I am planning to have a go at some woodworking once I have been inducted on the router etc.

1 Like

Just making sure you have seen the new process to get on the routers etc…

Hi, there are no options running lathe inductions until new lathe is commissioned, and at the moment as far I’m aware it has wiring issues.
@joeatkin2

Willl the old lathe no longer be used?

It is technically still in order, but we’ve agreed to decommission it asap

The plan is to decommission the old lathe before the new one is functional?

That’s been too long to become unrelated events at this point, good news is that apparently wiring for the new one has been resolved, so we only have a few missing bits to sort out.

1 Like