Mert here, but also not so much, looking for interviewees

Hello, amazing people of South London Makerspace,

My name is Mert, and I am a maker and a graduate student currently working on my thesis, situated in Turkey at the moment. My research involves the effects of speaking the dominant science language on scientific or technological involvement or non-experts’ predisposition in these areas. I hope to do so by observing and interviewing makers, who present a fantastic case for being self-driven/self-taught non-expert experts.
I was hoping to travel and visit the makerspace before I would ask around for participants for interviewing, but circumstances changed, and I can no longer do that.
Nevertheless, I would like to continue my research and am looking for makers to interview. Please hit me up if you are interested or would like to help out. I am looking forward to all your input.

All the best,
Mert

Happy to participate! Prefer async text responding if it’s an online form, but can also find a time for a video call if you’d like.

Hey Neil,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for reacting to it this late, been dealing with some things. I do these interviews in a semi-structured way, and aim for a chat like feel. For that, video calls are great and we can arrange one around your schedule! Eager to hear back and talk about the details. All the best!

Hi Mert,
I’d also be interested in participating if you are still looking for participants.

Am also happy to provide an interview if you’re still looking for people.

I am also interested.
I have had no schooling, and have been a maker all my life.

Hello again,

This is great :see_no_evil: I was not expecting this many replies this quickly. I am constantly looking for participants, and you are all welcome. I created a quick form to establish a form of contact to arrange these interviews. Thank you all so much for your interest.

All the best,
Mert

form: https://forms.gle/6HadnDv9Sx2XaW898

Hey, great to hear! let’s do this!

Thank you so much! Please check the form out!

This is great, I am looking forward to getting in touch with you!

1 Like