Mass bandsaw induction -Cancelled

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49d1880f0>

You need to have been inducted in the basic woodshop induction to have this induction.

Hello woodworkers. I will be at the space the whole of tomorrow offering a bandsaw induction to whomever would like one.

This is how it’ll work.

1. Read the bandsaw induction notes here
  2. Come down to the space anytime during the day
  3. You’ll need to walk me through the safety aspects of the bandsaw, what you should do and should not do
  4. We’ll set the machine fences and you’ll make some cuts
  5. We’re done and you’ll be granted access

If you’re interested, just pop down tomorrow when you’re free. This will not cover changing blades, @woodtechs are the only members allowed to change the bandsaw blades at this stage.

Thanks and see you all tomorrow. I’ll be down from 10ish until 8pm.

11 Likes

I really wanted to do this but I’m away this weekend so hopefully I can attend the next one.

Hey @Ryanf, I’ll see you there! Do you know if the planer blades went back in yesterday? If so, doubly good :slight_smile:

Great Ryan!! I’ll be there

Thanks
Federico

Thanks, Ryan. I hope to come down tomorrow.

For those that are interested, @msparker and I will be down before 10. We’ll be changing the bandsaw blade to a rip blade and resawing a piece of sapele. If anyone is interested and wants to see the process, machine set up, blade change and finished result, you’ll welcome to come down.

4 Likes

I’ll be there!

Count me in :smiley:

I’ll be there too!

Excellent news. I’ll see you there are 10.00. I still owe you £5 frim the table saw induction!
Philip

I’ll be there! Thanks @Ryanf

I’ll be down, maybe before 10.

Can’t get there today but if this happens again I will try to catch one!

Sorry everyone. I have to cancel any inductions for this afternoon. Really sorry, but I have to get home.

Sorry if this inconveniences anyone. I’ll try run another one of these soon.

2 Likes

It happens. Hope all is well.

No problem. I hope it’s nothing too serious.