Makerspace Summer Party 2019 - Saturday August 17th 4pm till late! - setting up from 2pm!

@members it’s summer party time once more…in a little over 2 weeks – so put it in your diary and start planning…

What’s the format?

Whatever members want to make it: part open family day, picoMaker Faire with show and tell…wiggly wire game, nuts and studding game, live music, projections…who knows?

In general it’s family time early on with an open house feel, getting boozy as it gets later

If you’ve got an idea, and some energy to go with it…then stick it in a comment

These events always involve food and drink and are a chance to celebrate where we’ve got to and how we arrived – and generally get together and enjoy ourselves.

Cake Competition?

At this week’s members’ meeting a food/cake baking competition was suggested…anyone want to take the lead on this?

Live music

This was a nice feature of last summers’ party…so we’ll set up a mic and amps…if you want to play a set let us know

Food

Generally it’s a BBQ with guests bringing along side dishes as sharing food…however we don’t have a BBQ and Ahmed’s one ended up in a skip…so: suggesitons?

Sustainability

Lesley has offered us enough wooden cutlery to see us through, if we can keep it plastic free that would be nice, and maybe we can muster some real plates from somewhere and cut back on the single use items too?

Local traders

We’ll invite our neighbours on the Estate and Norwood as usual, but this year we’re expecting a few more might turn up as there’s been a lot of communication since the sale of the railway arches by Network Rail (but that’s a story for another thread) and there’s a good community feel around the place…

Pitch in and make it happen

Let us know if your coming, and vitally, if you can get involved in preparations

Sounds good, I’m gonna try my best to make it. Hope your dong well, I have not seen you in a while, hope your not taking on too much over summer.

1 Like

Date to be confirmed, but I am in theory happy to do the usual bbq manning

I like the idea of a playing music. I can bring my bass. I can share a playlist of songs I can play.

1 Like

I have a Weber kettle barbecue which I am happy to donate. I think there’s a bag or two of charcoal too.

(I mean donate permanently, I don’t really have room to store it)

3 Likes

Brilliant!

What’s the start time?

Nominally 5pm till…who knows

Not that family friendly then :slight_smile:
I thought it would start much earlier than that

It can start whenever members want it to…it’s our party!

I can wheel down my larger gas BBQ if we still need one.
Start time still 5pm?
I’ll also make a cake and bring a reasonable stack of my reusable plates

1 Like

will have to establish for sure if I can make it later today, but if I can I would be up for doing a short musical performance using several things i’ve (partly) built at the space (pictured) if that would be fun?

2 Likes

That would most certainly be fun!

Start time is 4pm… I’ve just seen the poster

And BBQ would be great!

righto, if anyone wanted to come to mine to assist getting it down, at 181 Railton Road, se24 0lu at 4pm that would be grand. I’m contactable on 07772832665

1 Like

Thanks to @charlottecou for the poster

3 Likes

So…Cake making competition…

What would be the prize?

I will bring my (our) bbq tomorrow lunchtime-ish. Shall i leave it in the snug?

It could do with a couple of screws to keep the legs in place if any metalworkers have a few mins spare this week.

Barbeque delivered, along with about 1.75 bags of charcoal. I left it in the snug.

3 Likes

further to this;

If it’s ok to bring a couple of guests, and there’s something available to amplify music, I could definitely come and perform for about 20 mins or so.
(or until people beg me to stop if that’s sooner :wink:

Have been trying to think if I have an amplification solution, but not got many bright ideas as yet…

wont’ arrive until about 7 ish earliest.