Makerspace Summer Party 2019 - Saturday August 17th 4pm till late! - setting up from 2pm!

Yes of course – to all

@Stuart what’s the situation with Robobarman?

Is this a software challenge to lay down?

Yea… It was working last year, so it should be fine. I wanted to add another few motors, might come down early tomorrow and spend tomorrow afternoon trying to add them.

1 Like

For live music…I just have a simple amp that will take a guitar and a mic. I’ll bring a mic and stand, and I’ll have a guitar

If anyone wants to bring more gear then please do!

There’s already one amp,the cube,underneath the tv.

Looks like we’ve got two bbq’s, great.

Ill try get some non alcoholic drinks.

2 Likes

I have a (very old) mono PA system if that helps. I can also bring a mic or two down.

It weighs an absolute ton, so if it’s not needed please let me know!

J

An extra mic night be handy…but don’t want you lugging a PA down here!

Looks like we’ll have at least two amps!

I’m going to be at the Space from midday tomorrow – I want to finish the clear up out front before setting up for the party. Anyone who wants to get stuck in with me will be greatly appreciated…but it’s messy work! We have gloves and overalls though…

Party setup from 2pm – get Gazebo’s ready, set up a music area, move the furniture, buy food basics…spruce the place up…look for some fancy lighting (@Howard?) and/or set up the projector…

@petra what’s the situation with sealing the large tables? I’m concerned that they could get easily stained? We could wax them fairly quickly?

Anyone got ideas for craft/making activities? We’ll have a box of craft stuff…just need a challenge

And…anyone baking a cake? We might have something to celebrate…we’ll be making an exciting announcement during the evening

And remember to bring a reusable plate if you can!

2 Likes

Goddamit I got super busy and completely forgot about the tables.
Yes! They need to be oiled with osmo!
I won’t make it to the space until tommorows afternoon, although will try to get down in the morning and oil the second one. If anyone had the spare 3 minutes to throw osmo on the bare one tonight it’d be great.

I’ve got banqueting roll to cover the table

1 Like

awesome. Next week i’ve got more time so will finish it then.

I will help @petra - what day/time is good for you?

Space is open

Thanks @Lesley_Hilling got the knives and forks!

I’m going to bring down some big bowls of potato salad and coleslaw.
Do we need paper plates and napkins? I can get some en route…
Anything else?

1 Like

We’ve got plenty of napkins…and we had a stack of compostable plates, but I haven’t found them yet. Anyone seen them recently?

Let me know what you need. I’ll bring a mic and cable. Can bring a small guitar amp as well if needed.

1 Like

Will be there about 5pm. Have an appointment at 3pm so can’t come earlier.

1 Like

So I’ve got plenty of ginger ales and spirulina juices but will make it to the space no sooner than 5-6pm

We’ve made some yummy Swedish chocolate balls as well which we’ll bring down

3 Likes