Maker Raft Race - August 5th 2017

I’ll be there !

2 Likes

Superb. So we should be good to go for construction tonight! I will be there around 7 or 7.30 I think.

I’ll be there just after 6 I’d say

Look at ours sailors!!!
Huge thanks to @tobyspark for creating this excellent Makerspace pirate design and cutting it at the plotter.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Note: I merged the private thread into this public one, but it’s a bit confusing now. Discourse seems to add on the end rather than insert by date posted.

I’ll be around Fri to help and - not to be a complete flake, but I can make it Sat after all, at least for most the day.

Thanks

Esther

@members we’re competing against the best of the best of Maker/Hack/Workshops on Saturday…and some of them are taking it very seriously.

Come along and support tomorrow, have a beer and a BBQ –

Or come down to the space tonight and get stuck in with the build: we’re hoping it won’t be an all-nighter…you have the power to decide our fate…much to do…no nautical experience required!

1 Like

My thought when I heard you were making the raft using doors:

Best of luck at the race, sadly wont be able to make it as I have to work tomorrow :frowning:

3 Likes

There was plenty of room for both of them on that raft if she’d budged over a bit!

@Dermot & @TomHedges How did you get on today???

@moderators Can we merge this into this: Maker Raft Race - August 5th 2017

Yes. I’ll deal with this once I’ve got my photos done.

Here’s the Makerspace Flickr pool for the race (search set to Fri+Sat). I’ve uploaded my shots, and I see some of Tom’s there.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?group_id=2588903%40N25&min_taken_date=1501801200&max_taken_date=1501973999&view_all=1&text=

@tobyspark Could you add any making photos to the flickr group as Hack A Day might be interested in putting out an article.

Flickr Group Pool

Photos: added what I took to the Raft Race group. Will also crawl discourse for other people’s, but that will take a little while.

2 Likes

And a shout-out to Trotec.

4 Likes

Tom, the two extra I found on Discourse are in the Flickr pool.

I love the footage of the end race. YouTube: of course!