Joint project: new Makerspace signs from street

@members – We need new signs to point people to Makerspace from the street. Step one has already been done: a long thread. This is step two: choose!

These are both ‘A’ frame signs, like Canopy’s (old) signs.

The red option would be made just like the Good Companion sign, the white ‘cut in’ to a thick, painted red board.

The white option would be a white acrylic sheet somehow fixed to a frame, with vinyl graphics cut and stuck on. It also has a slot to hang an A4 sheet from, for any event specific info (ie. “Arduino Day”). Bit less makery, somehow, but more recognisable as us if you’ve only seen a poster for an event.

…and step three will be for people to come together and make them, it’ll be a nice achievable project. But first things first, let’s choose.

Is the white bit white or plywood? The existing plywood with red sign looks nice.

I think at this point it’s the choice between the two options. Once that is decided whoever comes together to make it can refine / re-propose (perhaps to just those who voted?).

Votes have slowed. I’ll close this on Tuesday before the social evening. Step 3, actually making it (which will likely involve a bit of design thinking), can then be worked out in person at the pub.

Would be great to know how you embedded the poll in discourse! I’ve been using Doodle poll with the textile techs but people seem to have issues accessing the links from their phones. Any tips?

[poll]
- Item 1
- Item 2
- Item 3
[/poll]

1 Like

Fab, thanks @unknowndomain ! Will have to give it a try :slight_smile:

There’s also a button to add a poll, I think. Perhaps only on the first post of a thread?

Thanks @tobyspark :slight_smile:

Closed; apologies for this being a week later – bug took me out for the week.

Next step: at the next members’ meeting ask if anybody wants to take this on, or wait for me to do it mid-May.

Also decide whether red with white cutout, or ply with burnt cutout sides and red perspex back.

Not sure the members meeting it the place for this, the captive audience is here…

My thinking is that it’s a physical thing with design details, and that takes being together, in the space.

fair point.

Spec to consensus.
Design to spec.

Design to concensus seems unnecessary.

1 Like