Social evening at the Commercial - Tuesday 11th April

@members

It’s that time of the month again! The one where we get social out of the space and head to the pub! So, we shall eat drink and be merry at the pub next Tuesday the 11th April!

It seems every pub in the local are has had an overhaul this last few months and choosing which one to decend on is a nightmare! So! This month, a poll! (Final location to be confirmed by by the weekend)

Come new, come old, friends, partners, robots, pets? welcome. We’ll be looking conspicuous somewhere with a sign, or big M or something equally makerspace-licious

Please RSVP below, also bring a trinket you have made so we can gawp in wonder!

So! This month I want to do my makerspace drinking in:

• The Commercial
  • The Florence
  • The Half Moon
  • Somewhere else (comments below!)

0 voters

2 Likes

I look forward to attending! I’ve tried to come along the previous two times, but I’ve always been foiled by responsibilities at the last minute. I don’t have any preference to which pub as I’ve never been to any of them. See you all there!

1 Like

I’m keen, think it’s about time I showed my face again

Great idea! I’m in!

Can we go to the half moon snug?

1 Like

I will be there!
where ever it is…

1 Like

Has anyone booked this yet/should I book it if @welcome are busy?

I vote for the half moon snug as well! (Wich, btw, is called “the workshop” :heart_eyes: )

please do yes :slight_smile:

Looks like it’ll be the half moon!

Cheers

How many for?

there are 13 voters? I allowing for drop-outs and loss, I imagine 10, max?

What time?

If we can get access to “the workshop” I don’t think it matters… is big… maybe say 8?

7:30

Just giving this a poke! @members It’s the pub tomorrow! and that pub is the Half moon! still to be confirmed! Come all, come new, come old, come just visiting to poke about.

from 7:30! Look out for a Makerspace M or some other Makerspace related trinketry.

IF you have something exciting you’ve just made to bring and share, please do bring it and boast!

1 Like

Thats not happening, they’ve got a bit up themselves…

They want a minimum £200 spend for using the snug, or room hire charges for other spaces, alternatively we can just turn up but it will be packed.

2nd choice option is The Commercial shall I enquire?

would we struggle to spend 200 quid?

They don’t have space for us tomorrow anyway, but yeah next time we could book for that minimum spend of £200, and get the snug, but basically that means everyone needs to drink a lot or have a drink and eat…

In lieu of the fact that The Half Moon wouldn’t accept a booking for tomorrow as they are fully booked, I’ve booked a table at The Commerical which was the 2nd option, from 7.30.

Fully booked on a Tuesday?sounds weird… is there some particular event?
Anyway thanks for taking care of this, the commercial will be fine…

The Half Moon is incredibly busy at the moment, and always was pretty busy tbh.

I spoke to them on the phone they do not book tables because the bar is too small, the snug is bookable without a fee, but there is a £200 minimum spend and it’s taken tomorrow evening. There are other rooms for hire but then Makerspace would have to pay for the room and members pay for the drinks.

The Commercial laughed when I told them, said we can join the quiz tomorrow if we wanted, which I presumed we didn’t they happily booked us a table for 7.30 with South London Makerspace on the sign, for 10 people. We’re behind the bar (mens loo’s side) to keep away from the quiz.