Industrial vacuum cleaner spec

Originally we didn’t want that commitment. And we have a full workshop of tools now.

1 Like

Yes…but imagine a workshop full of Festool tools…

1 Like

I’m beginning to see them as the Apple™ of tools…

1 Like

You mean better than the competition?

baaaaaaa baaaaaaa

Festool are superbly designed and made…lighter than almost anyone else. The hype is well deserved. This is coming from a DeWalt lover (90% of my cordless and corded are DeWalt)

1 Like

Read a review on the TS55 track saw with the M class extractor. Guy fitted an entire bedroom with built in wardrobes made out of MDF. Said when he swept up afterwards, there was a teaspoon of dust left over. That’s solid extraction.

The issue with h call vacs is the need to prove they have been decomontamiated before they are repaired… as it’s been explained to me

In my own case from what I needed was a m class vac for hardwood and concrete dust, but I wanted h grade filtration for `emotionally reasons. Ultimately I went for metabo offering as physically the l,h,m class vacs are the same with different filters and the m&h vac are auto cleaning.
I bought the m class middle and fitted it with h class filters

I would go with the idea of a construction grade vac for the dirty and clean areas with a lighter weight (coreless? ) vac the lighter clean ups in the clean room… the construction vac being used for the bigger jobs like doing the whole clean room floor.

The metabo self clean dose not affect the vacs suction, but it does make a rather loud hammering sound when you turn the vac on and very occasionally during heavy use.

I managed to grind up 3kg of fine concrete dust with no sign that any got out of the vac

2 Likes

Would you be able to send a link of the metabo in question and price

That’s why we need someone to look into it to see if we can pick and choose

1 Like

this is what i got

This is actually a rebadged starmix vacume and the parts are interchanage so I got the class H filter from a starmix reseller.

how about something like this for doing quick light weight cleaning in the clean room?

1 Like

Expensive to feed

Edit: this is for the clean room, threads diverged. My suggestion is the Dyson V6. £190 direct, haven’t shopped around.

Reasoning:

• best cordless vac according to the sweet home
  • stick (for floor) and handheld (for everything else)
  • sits in a charging cradle attached to the wall (I think this is needed)

It is photographed with our table saw .

I want this one

Dewalt is re badged elu kit , when black and decker bought elu . Elu and festools were both top of the range tools

I’ll email the guy and get clarification. That’s probably the first and quickest option. If I can’t get anywhere then @afshind could take it forward?

Cool

Looks cheap, but read the small print - no batteries or charger included

What cordless tools do we already have? Is it just the Hitachis? They probably don’t do a cordless vacuum.

They do, but it’s a nozzle-less “dustbuster” type.

Plus all of our batteries are on the way out anyway

1 Like