Industrial vacuum cleaner spec

O
M
G
!!!

Can we trial some gear for a year and then collectively decide if we want to keep it at 50%?

I’d put the festool hoover on the list…wiki list time?

2 Likes

Although we would need to buy the accessory kit too in order to use it as a hoover https://www.screwfix.com/p/festool-compact-d-27-d-36-k-rs-plus-extractor-cleaning-kit/8393v

I still think it’s a good option. The hose and cable tidying away is a big plus over the ones I found.

Ideally, in my opinion, we would get the Festool plus a Dyson cordless to live in the kitchen. It’s a lot of money to get both but works out at what £3 or £4 per member, to protect our lungs and make the space look like something we are proud of. I think it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Could get messy. Been coveting the Festool track saw and workbench that goes with it for a while. Ludicrous bit of kit!

why wasn’t this mentioned when we bought the chopsaw???

this puts the domino in reach, break out the caps socks and t-shirts i say

2 Likes

I didn’t even know you’d bought a new chop saw until after I saw it in the space.

(Non director hat) I totally covert that tool!

1 Like

drums fingers on table waiting for people to stop drooling over dominos and get back to the subject of this thread.

2 Likes

If we can get the festool free for a year, I think we should do that and also buy a Dyson for the clean room. There seems to be a lot of support to have both.

Maybe ambitious, but it would be amazing if we could get the festool ordered today and delivered in time to use on Friday. The first deep clean of the clean room will involve some pretty nasty dust and it would be good if we could deal with it properly.

How much are consumables fo the festool fandango

Any tune in poticula ?

Still x4 of the Henry

I have one and they’re are fantastic everyone might be getting very excited about the festool brand , but speking as the only person who dusts the workshops regularly we don’t need any more stuff bunging up the place

Buying a swanky vacuum cleaner dose not mean people are going to use it , we have one and it does not get used

Henry’s are domestic hoovers , the festool has tool extraction capabilities (essential for extended routers)

Not so sure you are the only one who dusts the workshop,

And it won’t take up any more room than the current one

1 Like

Apologies, but current one is awful. Agree with mark re extraction. All the hoo-ha about dust masks recently…an H grade extractor will seriously minimise the risk from mdf etc IF used correctly.

Regarding the domino @SarahJ - I’ll build your vacuum a lovely little house if we get one!

1 Like

I don’t use it I use a brush and air .

The fact that a member put all the dust masks in the bin and then started a angry thread about the fact that we dont have any dust masks is something best forgotten, the festool might be good, but it can’t fix stupid

And I flagged myself to get in first :grinning:

No just like this https://goo.gl/images/q1Cocj

1 Like

I need one. …

1 Like

The Festool offer was for taking a whole workshop full of tools, at least that’s my recollection?

Problem?

I see no problem!

Seriously though can someone take ownership of this and find out the full details?

1 Like

I’d be happy to…Its up my street.

1 Like