I'm new and want to join

Hi, my name is Bilal, I’m 20 and I am an apprentice software engineer. My skills in DIY are little to none compared to others in this space and 1 of the reasons I want to join is to create a project I’ve had in mind for a while (a cool boxing machine). I however do not have the facilities for this. Is it possible for me to join? It would be a great opportunity for me to meet the team and learn about creating different projects too

2 Likes

Hi Bilal,

You would totally like it here and we would love it if you was to join us! :slight_smile: We have all the tools and expertise to help you help yourself and develop your idea to make it a reality. People are always happy to give advice to help you achieve your projects when you need help. Have you had a tour of the makerspace yet?

Unfortunately I have not had a tour yet of the makerspace, is it possible for me to come down this weekend?

Hi Bilal,
We conduct open evenings every two weeks on Wednesday, we just had one this week and the next one isn’t until the 1st of May. However, if you have an ideal date/time in mind, maybe someone can volunteer to show you around as a one-to-one, there’s always people in the space who will be happy to chat with you.

2 Likes

That’s great, but I won’t be able to make it in on the 1st of May as I’m on holiday🏖, is anything possible this weekend? Would be great if someone could show me around.

Hi Bilal,

You should have an invite to join in your e-mail inbox (check spam, if in doubt).

No sweat, the invitation has no expiry date - you can join whenever suits you. I highly recommend coming to the Makerspace in person and take a proper look around! You’ll love it, I’m sure.

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

1 Like