I made a board game, it's called space chess and it's played on a sphere

Hello fellow gamers, I made a game. Does anyone want to play test it one of these evenings? It’s never been played before :smiley:

It’s somewhat like chess because it’s turn based and there’s a big important piece that needs to survive. But it’s played on a spherical hexagonal grid and the pieces are spaceships :rocket:. The rules (and 3D models) are on the github page, but … the rules are fluid and I’ll definitely talk too much about them.

15 Likes

So that’s what it is! It’s been an enthralling object.
And yeah, I’m keen for some experimental space chess.

1 Like

Looks so good! Would love a play sometime :smiley:

1 Like

Sign me up for a test match.

1 Like

Me too

I’ll have a go at this. Big fan of games and defining rules :rofl:

The quality of that build looks very impressive, too.

Hi Calin,

We are starting to look at our content inclusion for the Dulwich festival Maker fair we have a “Don’t be Shy! submit your Make” event happening on Friday. Would this be of any interest to you maybe and/or do you know anyone else I can reach out too?

Cheers
Dorine

Oh yeah, I can drop it to a fair. How did you want the photos? I might have some but I can take more tomorrow.

1 Like

We doing a product photo shoot on Friday 4pm-Midnight and probably one next week too.

Im not a photographer yet but getting a crash course on it from Sam on Friday so I might be able to answer your question then :slight_smile:

Else rock up and we can take the pics together

Also register your interest here, need to keep things in their areas or I will lose track!

Hmm, it’s it possible that I do some product pics at home? I don’t think I can make it to the workshop this Friday nor the next. :grimacing:

I can grab some big paper pieces for the background and I got some lights. But, I do need an intro to nice picture taking :upside_down_face:

1 Like