Hullo. I am David, I’m a make a holic

Good evening. I am David. I have been creative all my life, I may not be good at it, but I love making things nonetheless. I got an arduino starter kit for Christmas, and have several projects that I am battling at the moment. I am obsessed with woodwork on YouTube, but without a workshop, YouTube seems to be where my obsession will stay. I would really really like to meet fellow makers but there appears to be a problem with the sign up process ?

Hi David,
Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately due to legal/taxing issues there is a cap on membership numbers in place at the moment so for the time being we are unable to sign up new members. There is no waiting list as such. The situation might change in future. For the time being we still hold one open evening on Wednesdays and occasional open days.
Kind regards
Daniel

Hi David,

Firstly: apologies for the system taking you through the whole sign-up process before telling you you couldn’t join, this was not the user experience we were aiming for

The system went into suspended mode automatically to prevent a potentially massive oversubscription beyond our membership cap figure of 340

Due to the way we count members based on paid up memberships we currently don’t know if we’ve reached that figure or not

We’ll know at the end of April what the situation is when the direct debits come through

If you signed up via the membership system we’ll have a record of that, and may be able to open membership to people who signed up in the last few days. But we just don’t know at this time

Best,

Dermot

Happy to help. I’m a member and have some of my own tools so I’m sure we can get some of your projects off the ground.

Hi Daniel and Dermot, thanks for the info regarding the member limit, I am going to stay on the forum, if I may, ready to pounce when membership levels drop by a person.
Hi @RobertL, thank you very much for the message, will you be attending one of the MakerSpace open evenings? (Assuming they are still running, without the need or ability for recruitment) i’d very much like a chat.
All the best everybody
David

I’m in tonight?

Brilliant. I shall pop in.