Hi, I'm Tim

Hi there. Im Tim. Im an Architecture student who is looking for space to actually build things, rather than just drawing them!

As an aside, I think i’m stupid and cannot for the life of me work out how to actually add my name to the waiting list for the wood L1 introduction, any one able to explain how? I ‘Edit this wiki post’ and there doesn’t seem an obvious way to actually add my name…

Hi Tim,

You need to do two things before you can join the waiting list:

1. Become a member
  2. Link your memberhsip to your discourse account

For point 1 you seem to have started the signup process four times! Are you having issues with the system?

Hi Tom,

Sorry for jumping into the conversation, but I also had issues signing up, took me 4 attempts and 3 different email addresses until I finally managed to sign up.

Could you tell me in more detail what trouble you had?

I would sign up and get sent an activation link, then I would click the link and go to the new webpage which would ask me for my password, after entering the password I would get an error page. Cant remember the exact details, but it was something to do with cookies.

@systems @unknowndomain - is this familiar?

If the error page was unsettled with a message saying forbidden this is a security feature. Cookies are required.

Did you have cookies turned off?

I dont think so. I was using default settings

Sorry for the delay replying! Busy few days at work!

I’ve now linked my membership to the discourse account

Re the restarting the sign up process - the issue seemed to be that the first few times I was not sent an activation email, so couldn’t work out how to do so manually.

I am probably being a bit dim adding my name to the woodworking induction list - I click ‘edit this wiki post’ but don’t seem to be able to actually edit anything in the post.

Any pointers would be very happily received!