Hi, I'm Sam

Hi everyone, I’m Sam. I’ve recently joined the waiting list, having discovered that there’s this great resource just along the road from where I live. I work in theatre as a technician, and spend lots of my time designing circuits and programming custom lighting systems for productions. I have a small 3d printer which I love using, and I’m keen to explore new manufacturing techniques to aid with my ever growing list of projects! I’m particularly interested in learning some metalworking and machining skills.

I’m excited to come along to an open evening and meet some of you, although sadly it’s going to be a few weeks until I have a Wednesday evening free.

3 Likes

Hi Sam,

Welcome to our community. Sounds like you’ll fit right in. Make sure to check your spam folder as we’ve sent you an invitation Sep 24th. If you have it, don’t worry - the invitation has no expiry date, you can join whenever suits you best.

Also no problem if you can’t do Wednesday evenings. Check our calendar for events, like Homebrew club, Craft & Textile social, or Electronics Night which happens usually every Thursday night from 7.30pm till late. The green dot indicates that those events are open to everybody, members and non members alike. Just swing by and say hi! Usually there will be a few members who will be happy to give you a quick tour of the Makerspace.

Happy to help, if you have any other questions.

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark