Hi, I'm Paul

Hi, I’m Paul

I recently submitted the pre-membership survey, but couldn’t make the open evening last week unfortunately as a work celebration clashed with the night. I’m looking forward to visiting at the next one on the 5th and getting started meeting people and getting setup.

I moved up to London to build a robotics startup 5 years ago, that didn’t quite work out, but I instead ended up starting a new company developing a wearable brain imaging. Now after the pandemic and my startup stabilising (in relative terms), I’ve got back into making again working on fun personal projects again.

This year I visited EMF this year and was really energised by peoples projects and passion. I’m now looking to join a community of makers to have people to have a nice space to build things and people to chat with on a tea break about how projects are going, getting and giving help and the excitement and passion goes along with it.

I’ve build robotics projects in the past developing electronics, software and mechanical designs (3d printing, laser cutting & manual metalwork) so happy to help in these areas. I’m interested in making a interactive LED/art/sculpture/mood wall/ceiling project. I’m also looking at posture tracking detection to help with backpain (due to prolonged desk work).

Paul

2 Likes

greetings and welcome

2 Likes

Hi Paul, and welcome to our community!

If you are free on Thursdays, you could also pop in for Electronics Night, non members just as welcome as members. You won’t need a specific project to work on, just go and hang out! Any member will be happy to give you an impromptu tour of the Makerspace.

But of course, you are very welcome to say Hi at the next open evening too! They’re always super fun and great if you have questions regarding membership etc.

Sounds to me like you found the right place and you’ll fit right in!

See you at the Space hopefully sometime soon,
Mark

Thank you Mark for the invite, that’ll be really good and sounds right up my street.

Do you know if the Electronics Night is running this coming Thursday the 29th? (I didn’t see a calender entry so just wanted to check). If so I guess it’ll be from 7pm same as the the previous events?

Thanks for the suggestion and the warm welcome :slight_smile:
Paul

Usually Electronics Night happens every Thursday. I am sure the calendar entry should appear shortly. Best to check on the day and make sure it really happens, though. Sometimes life gets in the way… :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome! You will fit right in! See you soon!

Cheers,
Andy

Welcome Paul.

It sounds like you have lots to contribute. Hopefully see you in the space soon.

Glenn