Hi, I'm oliver

Hi. My name is Oliver and I’m 14 years old. I am looking to join the south London maker space as I build lots of projects using a raspberry pi including a bb8 robot and an arcade machine. I need a workshop to improve my projects and this is the only place I’ve found . Is there any way I could join? I would only be using the 3D printer laser cutter and soldering iron however none of the wood work machines.

1 Like

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for making contact.

Due to our ‘18 and over’ membership rule you can’t be a member yet.

However there’s a possible workaround. If a parent or guardian joins then they can bring you as their guest. They’d have to be inducted on the laser cutter and 3d printer too, and be the supervising user of them for your projects.

Have you visited us? We have an open evening every Wednesday from 19:30. We have a wide range of equipment…plenty to interest many parents/guardians.

Also we’re considering running some 14-18 electronics sessions on Saturdays in the near future, which you’d be welcome to join.

1 Like

Hi Oliver!

I met Oliver and his mum at the open evening last week. He is very keen but she has other kids and isn’t able to come down with him. I hope we can get something going on Saturdays once a month for people in the age bracket - the next generation of makers.

@Courty Paul do you know of any other workshops within reach of Bromley that a 14 year old could access?

Hi Guys,
I’m come over from Bromley as well and this is the closest that I know of. The only other option is school clubs…

Courty