Hi, I'm Neill! Music, electronics, software, code clubs, more

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4914e46d8> #<Tag:0x00007fa4914e4570>

Hi, I’m Neill!

I’m involved with various code clubs and hackathons for kids (including some maker stuff), so I’m interested in building lots of things, to try to keep my skills a little ahead of the participants!

I like the creative side of coding - music, algorithmic art, etc, and would like to build physical things around that.

For example, I was thinking to make an instrument which would allow kids to play, explore, record, and think of chord progressions in terms of diatonic harmony, perhaps long before they have the skills to play the relevant chords on a traditional instrument.

Or here’s a synth/looper with a hardware interface, which inspires me:

I’ve done a fair bit of tinkering with microcontrollers (Arduino, Micro:Bit, Crumble) and the Raspberry Pi. I’ve no skill with physical materials, so I hope to collaborate, learn, and eventually teach.

If there is demand for it, I’d love to run some workshops on the micro:bit controller, which is just crazy good value, and extremely easy to get started with. We’ll see.

I’ve also been doing a few months of tutorials and experiments on Blender 3D modeller, so perhaps I can eventually be useful to people wanting to customise 3D printed stuff, too.

sounds cool, why don’t you join us tonight at the electronics evening? :slight_smile:

1 Like