Hi, I'm Helen

Hi, I’m Helen. Trained as a jeweller & silversmith, but work in metal, wood, leather & textiles. I have a workshop at home, but need a space to make a mess in with wax and wood carving, & soldering.

Please would you let me know when the next open evening/induction is as I’d love to get familiar with the facilities. I’m also up for helping people with jobs in order to learn extra stuff from people (everyone always has a different way & ideas for working) & also helping with open evenings and anything else in the future.

2 Likes

Hi Helen,

Open evening is tonight, Wednesday from 7:30pm, we have a few people interested in jewellery and are very strong in the other areas you mention

I think Nico is hosting tonight but there will be people about to show you the facility if you can pop in (there’s normally tea and may be even some biscuits too !)

Courty

Marvellous! Many thanks for that.
H

1 Like

Hi
Please would you let me know when membership is open again or if there’s a waiting list. I would love to get an induction on the laser cutter & 3D printer.
Thanks!
Helen

Hi Helen,

I’m afraid that we decided at the time we closed membership that we wouldn’t keep a waiting list, as we didn’t know when / if we would be able to re-open for new members.

The good news however is that we will be opening membership for a limted time very soon (weeks, not months) and will announce this on our mailing list - see https://southlondonmakerspace.org/capacity/ for more details :slight_smile:

Best

Pete

Hi please would you let me know what’s happening with the membership as a friend has told me that it’s opened again but I haven’t received an email notifying me. Please help!

Hi Helen,

We’re working our way through the mailing list – you should receive an email in the next few weeks

Hi Dermot

Phew! Many thanks for that. I was worried I’d missed the boat on that one.

Best regards

Helen

Hi Dermot

Is it ok if myself & my friend come down to the makers space this Wednesday for the intro?

Best regards

Helen

Hi, yes of course!

Martin – @fincheee on here – will be hosting on Wednesday

Hi Dermot

Sorry to keep bugging you but I’m worried I’m going to miss being included on the next batch of membership emails. I just want to reiterate my interest in the space and contributing to the community spirit there. I really don’t want to miss out again!

Best regards

Helen

Hi Helen,

Yes, you’re definitely on the list!

Yay & phew!
Thank you. Hope you have a lovely weekend

H

See my post about this on Discourse.

Sorry, whereabouts? I cant find anything. Please paste a link here.
Thanks!