Hi, I'm Gillian :)

Hi there! I’m Gillian and I’ve just signed up for the waiting list.

I stumbled across the space when you did an open day event in Herne Hill a few months ago. I was waiting for a friend and wandered into the exhibits in the Station Hall and then we were curious to go and see the workshops. I had no idea this existed in Herne Hill and it was amazing to see the projects that go on and the kind and generous people who are involved.

I’m a software engineer - I did a couple of other things in the past but did a coding course just before the pandemic - and I’ve done a couple of projects with RaspberryPis. I’d love to try using things like the 3D printer to be able to try more ambitious ideas! I became an aunt last year and I have an idea that I’d like to make a custom keyboard attached to a receipt printer and when my nephew is a bit older we can send each other little emoji messages.

Beyond that, I have some very rusty sewing machine skills (I did manage to fix a bobbin catastrophe recently by taking it apart with a screwdriver and was quite proud of myself) and generally enjoy learning new things, so I’m excited to see what projects, personal or shared, might evolve!

Looking forward to meeting people soon,
Gillian

2 Likes

Hi Gillian!

Welcome! Glad you found us! There are tons of cool things to learn and get your hands on, plus you can bring guests of any age, so hope you can come and get stuck in!

See you at the Makerspace!
Cheers,
Andy

2 Likes