Hi, I’m Julika

I joined and secured a fob this week and I’m planning on stopping by soon to explore SLMS and meet some of you lot!
I’m an architect & interior designer by profession but would like to spend more time being an artist/ designer/ maker. My interests are in textiles, clay, wood (I did a year-long joinery vocational course before studying architecture) and crafts of all sorts. I would really like to start using the #printmaking area and am more than happy to help towards its completion in oder to speed things up!
I am planning on using the space mainly during the week while my kids are at school but will try to come along to the next textile evening.
See you soon!

1 Like

Great! Welcome! Tagging @silkscreentechs as we are close to getting that area going again! Cheers

2 Likes

Welcome Julika

I am a screen printing tech and really trying to get the area up and running. It’s been taking a long time and now it’s just down to the metal lathe being removed. As I understand this lathe is being used but we really need this last obstacle to be resolved. @metaltechs when is this lathe going to be removed? It’s unfair to make us wait even longer as metal works has its own area in arch 2 and has done for months.
I am still keen to make the screen printing area a thriving place and we have been patient for well over a year now.
Lisa

1 Like

Hey Julia.

Good to meet you the other night. I’m also super keep to get the screen printing area up and running. It seems the only obstacle in the way is getting the snug finished so all the stuff can be moved back in there.

@joeatkin2 am I right in saying that the snug just needs to be decorated and then the stuff can be moved back in?

1 Like

Hi Zac, did you see Lisa’s reply? (Screen print tech). Says metal lathe needs to be moved…
Would it be possible to get Joe, Lisa and everyone in one thread so that we can coordinate? Sorry - still new to discourse. In an email I would just copy everyone…

Hi!

I just spoke with Joe and will post on next steps to get screenprinting up and going in a moment!

Thanks!
Andy

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s great!

1 Like

Hello also architect here :wave:

1 Like