Hi I am Cecilia

Hi everyone,

Cecilia here, just joined last week, I am a complete beginner in everything, but I want to learn all of them! I’d love to learn sewing and silver ring making to start with, then maybe one day I can make my own dress/furniture/jewellery, also repair and fix things!

I am from China originally, have been living in London for 7 years. By trade, I’ve worked in PR, paid advertising (bit boring), as well as humanitarian (a non profit organization for open manufacturing/supply chain for disaster prone places - where I learned about the concept of makerspace). I now organise events bringing people together for the higher education sector.

I joined because I want to explore my creativity as well as making things and be a part of a great community 🪛:pick::hammer_and_pick::straight_ruler: :coffee:

I believe in sustainability, circular economy; as well as making manufacturing/production more accessible to everyone both in less developed areas as well as in countries like UK, where manufacturing has been more and more dependent on other countries!

7 Likes

Hi Cecilia,
it was nice meeting you today and amazingly you are already a pro on the sewing machine! So it will not take long until you are making your own dresses.
See you soon
Karin

3 Likes