Hey there fellow artists and creatives!

Hi! I’m Shelley (aka Eva)

I’ve just come across this space and isn’t it wicked?!

Pretty sure I’m doing this all wrong but I just tried to send a private message to welcome@ but it wouldn’t let me so I’ll let you all know what I’m interested in.

I love wood and natural materials. I love painting and printing both traditional and digital. I haven’t done anything in such a long time that I’m pretty much starting from scratch so I’m nervous a bit.

I was looking around and wondered if this would work for a member run space. I’m really interested in volunteering 1 day a week at a design space so I can brush up on some of my skills and learn new ones. I’m not an expert in anything really but I went to UAL and learned some things there years ago. I’m eager to get back into design after some time out and need to be around a creative buzz again.

I’m an old LCF student and alumni of 2014. I spent a lot of time at LCC in my final year in the 3D workshop. I did a lot of woodwork for my FMP and always wished I had spent more time there throughout my course.

I also did some screen printing and laser work and my interests lie in all of the above really.

Maybe I could come in on a day when another experienced maker is working to help out. Is this something that happens here?

Shelley

2 Likes

Hey Eva!

Sounds wonderful, there is a lot of space to volunteer.

Next Wednesday there is an Open evening from 7pm ish, should be able to see it in the calendar.

Hope that helps, sending messages requires an “@” BEFORE the name/group

@welcome

Thanks Petra,

Very helpful. I’ll have to get a sitter for Wednesday. I haven’t seen an evening out in some time! :smiley:

Pleased to be here. Seems like I’ve found a good spot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @Eva_Red!

You undoubtedly need a break - but just to note, you can bring your kid(s) as well if you like!

Cheers,
Andy

2 Likes