Hey I'm Bren

Heya, I am Bren I just filled in the pre membership survey. I came by the building last night to check it out and it is a super cool space!

I am mainly interested in getting better at electronics, and learning metal working skills. But I also really like the idea of being in a community of makers!

At the moment I am working on a couple of electronic projects: making a pedal generator (trying to use a universal motor but so far can only get it working by separately exciting it!), Making an induction heater (I have a prototype that’s oscillating at the right frequency but I haven’t managed to work out which inductors are best to protect the circuit from the huge resonant currents) and I have been playing around with PWM with op amps and would like to make some SMPS’s. By using the space I would really like to ask people for advice on projects and to hopefully pick up some principles of designing circuits!

I am not v good at metal working (have done some dodgy welding on my van!) But it’s something I would like to learn, if I join I would definitely pop along to a welding induction and hopefully get the hang of it through practising! I also would like to learn how to use the lathe. Last year I tried to do some forging and casting in a friend’s garden, the forge I made worked reasonably well if the metal wasn’t too thick (I made some very crude tongs, which I was hoping to use in a furnace) but my attempts at casting didn’t get anywhere!

Furthermore I have been teaching myself maths for the last year and if there were people in the space interested in maths it would be really cool to be able to talk to them about it and ask them for help when I get stuck.

1 Like

Welcome!

Can my fob be activated? I tapped in at 12:34 @directors

Activated!

Thanks!

1 Like