Hello 👋 I’m Dave

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4968de388>

Hi everyone. Im Dave. I’m an avid cyclist. I love fixing and making stuff, particularly bike stuff.

I went to the open evening at the space tonight. The lovely Brendon showed myself and Adrian around the amazing facilities and answered all our questions. I’ve come back soooooo excited and eager to get involved.

Aside from knowing too much about fixing bikes, from building wheels to carbon fibre repair, I’ve also done a bit of metal work, I know how to use machine tools like the lathe and the mill, have done silver brazing and also some welding.

I’m keen to learn electronics as well as 3D printing, and have a couple of projects in wood that I would like make happen.

Well that’s a bit about me. Looking forward to learning more about the space and it’s members….

2 Likes

Welcome Dave!

Sounds like you will feel right at home - we have done several organised Bike Maintenance nights and always need more experts to join! Those are open to the public so even before you are a member you can come along, we are working on setting up the next one so stay tuned…

Also Electronics nights which are Thursdays are open to the public, so come by and hang out even if you don’t specifically have your own project.

Be sure to fill out the pre-membership survey to join the waitlist and we hope to get you in soon!

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Thanks for the warm response Andy.

I would love to come along to one of the bike maintenance nights and will keep an eye out for it on the calendar.

The electronics evening sounds really interesting too. I’m usually racing my bike with the team I captain Thursday evenings, but will see if I can organise something one week.

I’m pretty sure I filled out the pre-membership survey, so should now be on the waiting list. All that’s left is for me to show some patience.

Thanks again

Best
Dave

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

We’re gathering some inertia in metal area. I’m looking forward to chatting at the next bike meetup!

1 Like

Sounds great Kyle. Thanks for reaching out.

I hear metal is going to be moved to the other arch shortly. Looking forward to seeing that. Apparently it will get more space. :+1:

Also looking forward to meeting up IRL at the next bike workshop evening….

1 Like