Hello, I am Emanuele, an Italian born bloke, not a lovely french girl, I am afraid. :-)

Hello everyone,
my name is Emanuele, I am an active 48 old man.
I am in UK since 2007. I lived on Herne Hill road when I first moved. NowI live in East Dulwich, waiting to finish to re-build my house in Forest Hill, to then move to that area.
I am a free-lance Sound Engineer, Sound Artis, photographer. I make, create and fix things, so I am constantly up with a new project. I can do woodwork to a certain degree. In the past I worked as vintage forniture restoration’s assistant, in Florence (Italy) where I come from. I built few wooden things and in the last year I started re-building electric guitars. I would like to have access and use machinery, as it’s impossible to install them at home.
In my original home town I worked from many years in the industrial electronics industry: soldering and cabling to the highest standards was my thing. Previously I worked as an electrician.
I’d like to learn and use welding machines as quite often I find myself in need to build metal things. Currently I need to modify and old metal window frame to install in my new house. For my current job I developed a trolley and finding a good welder was a mission.
I’ve like to learn 3D-printing, with my constant need to have accessories to stick to my microphones and cameras.
I hope to be part of this community soon, learning and sharing skills with you all.

Thank you.
Emanuele Costantini

8 Likes

Hi Emanuele,
Welcome to our community. Sounds like you would fit right in. We have an Open Evening today if you would like a tour of the space before you join.
Hope to see you soon.
Karin

1 Like

Lol welcome to the club.

1 Like

Welcome Emanuele. I am interested in making an electric guitar in the future, perhaps we should organise a meetup of makerspace luthiers sometime. I would like to learn from others before making lots of beginner mistakes.

Sure, I think it will interesting to find how many members are into guitars.
I am not thinking of myself as luthier, I am far from that. I am more of a beginner guitar tech still making experience before making the step of building from scratch. I buy neglected guitars and bring them back to life. So far I rebuilt two of them I am learning to play with. I have few other projects lined up, but right now I am re-building my new house, so anything else is left a bit behind.
:slight_smile:

1 Like