Hello from Rose

Hello,

I’m Rose, a local designer/maker. I currently make laser cut perspex jewellery and have started learning ceramics. I am an Art technician and have worked as a printmaking technician and tutor in the past.

The first thing I’d like to make is a laser cut polypropylene mobile for my god-daughter, so I’ll add myself to the laser cutter induction waiting list.

I’ve also got expereince with setting up screenprinting studios, I’m not sure what stage the @silkscreentechs are at with the screenprinting set up, but I’d like to get involved with printing at some stage.

Look forward to meeting you in the space soon :slight_smile:

www.rosethomas.tictail.com

2 Likes

Welcome to makerspace Rose!

Some help with screen printing would be most welcome :slight_smile: There’s still some work to do, but we have the bones (and quite a bit of flesh) of a really good facility.

I’ve never had any real success laser cutting polypropylene. Would love some pointers on settings…

I haven’t tried it, I’ve mostly laser cut perspex in the past. Sounds like it might need some experimentation!

A quick google says that it’s very melty so there’s a danger of the cut re-welding itself closed. Solution seems to be several low-power (or high speed) passes.

Great! Really happy to get involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what i found.

That does sound a bit tricky, I might stick to perspex for the laser cutter and scissors for the polypropylene, that’s what I’ve done so far but I was getting fed up with the aching hands.

Hello from silkscreen, help very welcome we’re a bit slow to get off the ground, we have a to do list I’ll add you to and you can see what you’d be willing to take on :slight_smile: