Hello from Gregor

Hi everyone!

I’m Greg and looking forward to joining the maker space in 2024. I work as an architect apprentice and I have a wide range of interests related to making and fixing things.

My first job was in my local bike shop where I became interested in fixing and maintaining my own bike. As part of my job now I sometimes make architectural models using the laser cutter, 3D printer and various woodworking tools.

I work in 3D with Rhino and have some experience with parametric modelling/design, so would be very happy to help with others’ projects or share my (limited) knowledge in this field!

In terms of projects - I’ve been designing a speaker stand and I’d love to be able to prototype and make it. I have a 3D model (screenshot below) and for those interested, it is entirely parametric - most of its key dimensions can be changed and the model will update automatically.

I also have an old steel bike which I would love to convert to a disc brake - slightly beyond standard bike maintenance, so would love to learn from the metalworkers in the community.

Looking forward to meeting many at the next open day!

4 Likes

Architect here as well, hello :wave:

1 Like

Hi Gregor :wave: Very nice parametric design (I had to look up what that meant…).

1 Like