Hello everybody, I'm Daryl

Hello there.

My name is Daryl and I’ve had my eye on joining SLMS for a while now.

I am predominantly going to use the space for wood working, as I have a few projects and even a couple of commissions lined up, so I would like to get onto the inductions promptly and get going!

I am also looking forward to learning. Not in just the finer aspects of woodworking, but I’m also interested in learning about 3D printing, because I have built Robot Wars-esque machines at antweight level (150 grams or under that can fit in a 4 inch cube), which have competed before and I would like to design and build better quality machines in the future through 3D printing.

On that subject, through combat robotics, I have a crude understanding of electronics, circuitry and radio control, as well as understanding design principles related to combat robots, such as weight distribution, optimising, and so forth.

I have held Robot Wars workshops in my previous job before, and would can offer said workshop in SLMS, as I have the parts to do so. This will give me a great opportunity to refine said workshop, as well as give the members at SLMS something new.

As of the time of this writing, I am not working, and my previous job had me working late afternoons into evenings, so the likelihood is I am going to use the space on weekday mornings or after 2pm. Otherwise, I’m free throughout the week.

Hope to see you around!
Daryl

2 Likes

Hi Daryl,

It was nice to meet you at the open evening last week. Looking forward to seeing your robots.

1 Like

Hi Daryl :wave: We met at the open evening, I also wanted to learn fine carpentry skills as well as electronics repair - now I must add combat robotics to that list because it sounds very cool.