Hardwood group buy #2

Ross was offering use of his van, might want to check with him.

You can cut strips, but the blade is 3-3.5mm, which adds up. 10 strips and you’ve lost 35mm of board width to cutting, so you need to factor that in. You might also not get a great finish if the blade isn’t super super sharp so they will need sanding or planing somehow

Well I’m not sure what happened to October but here we are four weeks later.

I’d better get on with this as the shoe rack is intended to be a Christmas present.

How sharp is the table saw blade these days?

It will be sharp once I use the new circular saw sharpener !

4 Likes

Just wondering if people were still wanting to sort an order? I need to source me some Sapele or similar for bedside tables and would be happy to organise a group order?

I’d be interested :slight_smile:

Cool - do you know what you want? Will prob order over weekend if that suits.

@rosszeibari
@naxxfish
@SarahJ
@Twm
@Barnaby_Coote
@Turnip-Stew
Any of you still wanting to order?

Hi I think I’m going to go early tomorrow morning and pick some stuff out. This might not seem like such a good idea when I wake up tomorrow, but I’m aiming to leave Herne hill at 7:30 and get there not long after it opens. Happy to give someone a lift - I just have a normal car not a van so will need to fold the back seats down to fit the wood in, but I could take one person with me if that person wants something that would fit in the boot.

Actually scratch that I’m going to go on Monday morning, setting off at around 9:30. Offer of a lift still applies if that time suits anyone.

Would have been amazing but have to work Mon.

Hi, i’m keen to order still. Though I might need to revise my materials

That’s cool - I’ll just do a wiki so you can let us know your final order!

Think I was probably being a bit ambitious trying to order this weekend, but will perhaps aim for the end of the week? Anyway wiki for orders here -

@Esther_Gladstone

@peter_hellyer

@Twm

(anyone else add yourself as needed)

Cheers!

Would love to jump in especially given I started the thread, but unfortunately I’m going to be away until at least early December. So feel free to go ahead and order stuff without me, I’ll try and sort myself out later!