G'day, I'm Joey 🦘

Hi!, I’m Joe,

The illustrious Max gave me a tour of your beautiful space and I was very impressed, particularly with the Japanese tension saw and thoughtfully created Jigs dotted about.

Regarding myself, I’m an Australian NHS doctor turned ceramicist at Cernamic and Turning earth up north in Hackney. I turn clay bowls, mugs, vases and pots that range from passably good to bizarre and unusable on the wheel. I stepped away from full time medicine in August having worked in A&E for a year. I like beers, board games, occult semiotics and fishing to name a few things. I’m kind of moving through life arse first really.

I’ve done 4 years of wood and metal working in secondary education. I am competent with most machinery (lathe, wood thicknesser, band saws, Jig saws, belt sanders, drills, welding), and then curious to learn the other bits, particularly the 3D printer and hand tools I’m unfamiliar with.

I want to make some wooden platters, containers, boards and benches, and I’m interested in making 3D printable ceramics. I may also make some larger shelves, tables or boxes down the line, and metal sculptural work.

Anyhow, that’s a bit about me! I’d be happy to answer any questions you have, if you have any and hopefully meeting all of you guys. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Welcome to our community! Sounds like you’ll feel right at home. Ceramics will be getting some needed TLC later this year, your input and expertise would be greatly appreciated!

If you’ve filled out the survey, you’re all set on the waitlist and we’ll be in touch shortly about your membership. So watch this space!

See you at the Makerspace,
Mark

Hi!

That’s great, I haven’t received the survey yet, from what I understand that will be in an email?

Eager to fill it in and come in as soon as you can accommodate me.

Cheers

Heya, it will be your first Private Message here on Discourse from ‘Chatty Cathy’

Lemme know if you can’t find it,
Cheers,
Andy

Thank you kindly!

All done.

1 Like