Emf 2022

I noticed we don’t have any village registered yet, shall I go on and register one?

Oooo yes, we should!

Done, our village is :

South London Villagespace

A temporary detachment of the South London Makerspace! A community focused and Making driven Makerspace in Herne Hill, London.

2 Likes

https://www.emfcamp.org/villages/2022 is where you can see our listing.

We could also create a wiki page - https://wiki.emfcamp.org/wiki/Category:Villages

1 Like

Any seasoned camper around?

I’m buying a new tent, I was thinking about something like this

We just bought the non-inflatable version of that same tent
A few things factored into our decision…
It’s over £100 cheaper
You don’t need to lug around a pump to inflate it, which is an additional £20, also takes up space / weight,
and you’re in trouble if you forget it (as our friends have discovered, much to their chagrin).
The inflatable version weighs 15kg packed down, as opposed to 10kg for the regular one.
Tent poles are easier and cheaper to replace than inflatable poles, should something happen to them.
We weren’t convinced that pumping up the inflatable poles would save much time or hassle over slotting together the fibreglass poles and hoisting the tent the old-fashioned way. Of course, we may feel differently about that once we’re struggling to figure out which pole goes where, it’s 1am, there’s a semi-gale blowing, and we’re tired and hangry… but we’ve survived that before too! :laughing:
We have lots of friends who have bought these tents for going to festivals in much sunnier / hotter places than Eastnor Castle, and they swear by them. They’re definitely good value for money when compared to other brands, they’re tall enough to let most people stand up in them, they’re roomy with plenty of space…
In short, yes - would recommend either version, but with our personal preference leaning towards the more basic option! NB though… only the inflatable one offers the sandy colour as an option; the regular version only comes in blue.

1 Like

The schedule/line-up is now online for EMF2022, if you wanted to start planning your weekend…
https://www.emfcamp.org/schedule/2022
(Oh g*d, it’s in two weeks, I need to get my sh!t together…)

1 Like

Is the non inflatable black out as well?

Yes, it is. They also sell the same sized tent in non-black-out.

Type Pole Inflatable
Black-out £199.99 £329.99
Non-black-out £139.99 £229.99
1 Like

Ok, you convenced me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello SLMS! Former member here, current member of EMF’s Installations team. We’ve got an artist + installation coming up from Forest Hill whose transport has fallen through. Would anyone have space in a van to help them out?

Would it need to be a van?
How big is the installation?

I am on a train and definitely have no space.

Do we need anything brought up (other than extensions?)

1 Like

I will be driving a pick-up truck on the Thursday from Catford to site, so depending on how much space they need and how well it needs to be protected from the elements that could work.

I’m putting down next thursday night as a meetup for the EMF attendee, if anyone is happy with it?

we can compare notes and if you are a new comer you can figure out what to expect (Spoiler, it’s awesomeness)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. We’ve sorted the transport now. The answer turned out to be ‘hire another van’

Hope you’re all looking forward to EMF! I’m very excited :smiley:

2 Likes

What time are people arriving, and is anybody bringing any sort of SLMS banner or similar? I know last few times @Dermot brought the super sign :stuck_out_tongue:

I might go there Friday as Thursday usually it’s quiet

also, are we offering breakfast again?

hey! It will be a bit weird but despite now only living down the road from the space (moved in December 2019) - the first time I’ll see you lot again in the last 2 years is 200 miles away in Eastnor :laughing:

3 Likes