Electronics stuff donation / clearout

It’s still there

1 Like

I’d be interested in the clock, please. But only if no members want it, as I’m a lurker.

I’ll do my best to get to the electronics night on Thursday then.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the Geeetech i3 X 3D printer I just finished building from a kit?

2 Likes

You bet!

+1

+2

if thats the new Prusa I3 then +1 for me too…

Courty

It’s the eBay kit. I’m very interested to see the quality and build outcome.

Saw this video of a similar looking eBay kit based on the Prusa i3 design

Lots of low cost kits out there, really interested to see how they compare.

me too, I’ve been a bit lustful of the kit myself, so would be keen to see the quality.

Now that is a advert for dna kits

Yeah I mostly stopped watching when I got to that part! tbf, most of his videos aren’t quite as advertisey as that. He does come up with some interesting projects, even if I don’t necessarily agree with the approach he takes, they’re still entertaining to see.

It’s this one

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ship-from-London-Geeetech-Prusa-I3X-3D-Printer-Full-Acrylic-DIY-Mk8-LCD2004-/282166836771

All built, working, not tuned.

Check out that hand-made feel!

1 Like

The super cheap ones like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Upgraded-Full-Quality-High-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3d-Printer-/291860901773?hash=item43f443ef8d:g:QUwAAOSwawpXvGD2 look like the frame is actually made of plywood that’s been painted black (!). Cheaper than the thick acrylic required to get the rigidity, I guess.

Do we have an Ultrasonic Cleaner ? Would be useful.

yes, very likely, but depends slightly on the footprint…

My one is pretty tiny - about the footprint of a DVD case and the tank is only 450ml. Fine for electronic components and jewellery.

I’d recon that sounds like a very useful thing to have around.

My mother was a jeweller and always had a couple in the workshop - you would be amazed what you can clean with one and how well they can work !

Courty