Electronics stuff donation / clearout

Now that is a advert for dna kits

Yeah I mostly stopped watching when I got to that part! tbf, most of his videos aren’t quite as advertisey as that. He does come up with some interesting projects, even if I don’t necessarily agree with the approach he takes, they’re still entertaining to see.

It’s this one

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ship-from-London-Geeetech-Prusa-I3X-3D-Printer-Full-Acrylic-DIY-Mk8-LCD2004-/282166836771

All built, working, not tuned.

Check out that hand-made feel!

1 Like

The super cheap ones like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Upgraded-Full-Quality-High-Precision-Reprap-Prusa-i3-DIY-3d-Printer-/291860901773?hash=item43f443ef8d:g:QUwAAOSwawpXvGD2 look like the frame is actually made of plywood that’s been painted black (!). Cheaper than the thick acrylic required to get the rigidity, I guess.

Do we have an Ultrasonic Cleaner ? Would be useful.

yes, very likely, but depends slightly on the footprint…

My one is pretty tiny - about the footprint of a DVD case and the tank is only 450ml. Fine for electronic components and jewellery.

I’d recon that sounds like a very useful thing to have around.

My mother was a jeweller and always had a couple in the workshop - you would be amazed what you can clean with one and how well they can work !

Courty

Good for cleaning router bits

The ultrasonic cleaner, the Xmos Dev kit and some wire is now in the space!

@RichM is now in possession of the oscope - thanks !

Also there is the clock - a few people have shown interest in it so I’ll leave it there for a while, if it goes un-hacked by let’s say May I’ll take it back. Or possibly I’ll get round to hacking it myself. Either way, it’s no no longer gathering dust under my desk and has the potential to be put to good use.

1 Like

Thank you! My own personal Makerspace grows ever bigger…

2 Likes

Many thanks @naxxfish, some great bootie there and I’m sure we’ll make good use of all of it…
think I may have a go at knocking up a driver for the clock :wink:

Courty

1 Like