Electronics stuff donation / clearout

Hallo! I’m trying to clear out my supplies a bit, here are some stuffs that might be of interest that I’m willing to donate.

I’ve got a small (450ml) ultransonic cleaner which I bought in an attempt to resurrect a water damaged iPhone 7 (I didn’t manage to fix it in the end, too much corrosion and rice dust :disappointed:). It is quite handy for cleaning things like old electronic parts with corrosion, jewely, glass, small metal parts which need degreasing. I don’t use it that often, though, so might get more use in the space and I’d still have access to it if needed.

I’ve got a Hameg 203-6 analogue oscilloscope. Actually, it was one of a job lot I picked up a little while ago and sold on to various hacker/maker spaces, there may be one at SLMS already, but I don’t remember! I’d be happy to donate to the space if there’s not one already, or if not happily part with it at cost price (£30) if someone wants it for themselves.

I’ve also got a bunch of components that I don’t have much use for (mainly surface mount, 0805 or above, or panasonic C caps) that were the tail ends of projects.

I’ve also got an XMOS dev board that I was given a while ago that I’ve never managed to do anything with (despite everyone telling me how great it was!).

I’ve got a analogue pulse driven wall clock that came out of a radio station in central London some time ago that I’ve been meaning to turn into something useful for some time now, but never quite got around to it and it’s just sitting under my desk. You have to supply it with a fairly high (by modern stanards) voltage 1 pulse per second signal to push the second hand around. You can’t electronically set the time (as far as I know), just advance the second hand in sync.

If any of these these things are of interest, let me know and I can bring them to an electronics night or something. Probably not all at once though!

If the space doesn’t want it I’d like the oscilloscope.

Hi @naxxfish,

Sounds like and interesting selection! I’m sure we could assist you with your clear out by taking it off your hands !
The scope is an interesting one. We have just bought a digital one but I don’t think there’s an analogue one in the space… of the space doesn’t use it then it looks like Rich will so either way we can find it a good home.

Courty

Awesome. I’ll look out for the next electronics night and see if I can bring some stuff for people to look at.

It’s a good scope - was well maintained in a university electronics lab until quite recently. Only 40MHz but for basic stuff it’s perfectly fine. Don’t have the original probes, but some replacement ones from China.

There are already loads of analog scopes in the space.

Do they work though? / a bunch were cleared out via the table of doom

@joeatkin2 I also thought we had a bunch of working analogue scopes?

If we’ve got plenty of (working) scopes then @RichM you’re welcome to have it. I’ll bring it in next electronics night?

We have plenty of almost working analogue scope I hope to fix them when I get a bit of time

I hope my Philips wasn’t as it was made clear it was on loan.

It’s still there

1 Like

I’d be interested in the clock, please. But only if no members want it, as I’m a lurker.

I’ll do my best to get to the electronics night on Thursday then.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the Geeetech i3 X 3D printer I just finished building from a kit?

2 Likes

You bet!

+1

+2

if thats the new Prusa I3 then +1 for me too…

Courty

It’s the eBay kit. I’m very interested to see the quality and build outcome.

Saw this video of a similar looking eBay kit based on the Prusa i3 design

Lots of low cost kits out there, really interested to see how they compare.

me too, I’ve been a bit lustful of the kit myself, so would be keen to see the quality.