Christmas Party 2017 - Saturday 9th December - that's TODAY!

Are these useful? Liqueurs left over from an event, I think you mix them with cava, prosecco, etc.

1 Like

I’ll be getting my bus from Peckham so happy to pick up from you.

Oh I’ll pm you

What time are you heading over?

Probably around 2ish.

1 Like

@members it’s party time…

And today’s making challenge is to make the party happen.

We need a few members to get down this afternoon and clear/clean/plan– including fitting a couple more lamps in the estate floodlights…

Bring:

• youself, your family, your friends, your offspring…their friends.
  • food (see below)
  • drink (see below)
  • a decoration for the space, or something to ‘show and tell’

Things to thing about:

• Food – bring enough to share

• last year @Ana_Nieto cooked a superb paella on the oil drum – anyone up for something like this?

• Games & Activities – wire game will be around later, I’ll bring scalextrix

• @KylieJudd is lasering decorations, and we’ll have a craft table set up: you can make a decoration and decorate the Space with it straight away.

• would be excellent to have some other activities/demos going on for anyone who drops by. Thoughts? We’ll need to buy some spirits/mixers for it…and test it fully…

• Drinks – Lucas’ ‘son of Inebriator’ will be there: drinks ordered via website…create you own cocktail! Of course Canopy will be open – I’ve asked about a Makerspace discount. and we’ll pick up some soft drinks too

• Music – we have a system in the space an an offer of one that looks like it will rattle the trains above us. Bring some music though!

• Decorations and lighting – the space will slowly get decorated during the evening by members. Not sure how much craft stuff we have – a trip to Poundland might be in order? We can mess around with some LEDs too. Plus we can use the projector for added atmosphere.

• I’m bringing the huge gazebo – I’ve warned the mechanics that we need space around our garden to set it up.

I’m aiming for 2pm…

EDIT: we’ve pitched the party as starting at 5pm as a family friendly/less alcohol start. In reality it all starts when we’re there…

1 Like

Will there be a gas ring for cooking outside there? If so, I will bring ingredients and other equipment for stir fry. Also, does anyone have a rice cooker they can bring?

A bit later than 2, leaving now. Sorry!

We only have the electric ring…and a BBQ I think

Me too. Be there 2:35 ish

Hey Guys

I’m not a member yet, but would like to get to know as many of you as possible, if there aren’t any objections, as it says family/friends can come along, may I invite myself lol? @Dermot is that okay with you and I’ll be sure to bring some food if so. I won’t be offended if not.

Thanks
Sam

2 Likes

Hi Sam, yes you’re totally welcome!

Picking up Lucas and his deadly drink server…and then picking up drinks from Sainsbury’s. Anything else we need? Plates? Cups?

I’m not going to make it tonight D:

I still have my secret Santa to give so ill try to leave this in the box tomorrow.

at this point i have to admit to myself i’m not coming… not feeling well, but so enjoyed christmas parties past.

and, to @Esther_Gladstone, i am sorry there’s no present waiting for you. it will come.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry I missed this guys and I also completely failed on my secret Santa.

No worries at all. Hope you feel better soon.

@beth this was an epic fail from me, sorry. School Christmas fair took over all the space in my brain and I totally forgot about secret Santa. You will get your present before the 25th I promise! xx

1 Like

No worries I know how busy this time of year is!

1 Like