Christmas Party 2017 - Saturday 9th December - that's TODAY!

I’m going to (hopefully) be there Thursday !

Do we have any Christmas lights ?!

Court

I think we have lots of white led strips, we could just wrap them around something and if someone want to set them up to blink it could be a nice one night project.

Do we need to worry about heating its meant to be very cold on saturday.

@courty I’ll bring your addressable LED strip in - thanks for loan and sorry for delay in returning!

1 Like

:+1:

I can’t offer a huge amount of help til then, but can come in earlier and help set things up if useful?

2 Likes

the day is when most of the work will happen!

Do we have a working plug in hob at the moment?

im not sure I havent been to the space for a long time. We could ask people for crockpots (if its for mulled wine) otherwise I have a small camping gas burner.

Yes, a double hob along the lines of the one that broke

At the meeting we went with the 5 pm ‘family time’s start - open day type thing with some members’ projects/activities…but we really need members to bring show & tell stuff to make this work.

Any takers?

@marketing is it worth a mailshot to members?

I can’t make it tonight but I have some xmas lights just in house ones though…

I can come down on saturday with an arduino to make some led rope flash I think I have some transistors around…

Who’s around tomorrow afternoon to get the place cleared up and ready?

yep I should be there no problem.
will find the xmas lights and arduino bit to try and make some flashing led rope.

I’ll bring my (working) glow masks, which it should be dark enough for :slight_smile:

Had the idea to suggest people bring 3 things:

• food for sharing
  • drink
  • a Christmas decoration to hang in the space or a ‘show and tell’ item.

We can also set up a ‘make a decoration’ craft corner to compliment @KylieJudd’s laser cutter exploits…could decorate the cut outs?

I can bring some felt down if someone wants to use it to make ornaments with.

1 Like

My eldest had great fun with this last year. Yes please :slight_smile:

I don’t think there was a definitive answer re acrylic - but Hamas have closed Hackney locations so unable to pick up any acrylic anyhow.

Also I totally forgot to leave behind my secret maker gift :hushed: if anyone is in the Peckham Rye area and willing to grab it - otherwise I can drop it off at 8pm after my market.

What time is the present swapping happening?