Christmas Party 2017 - Saturday 9th December - that's TODAY!

@members we’re having a Christmas party!

When: Saturday 9th December 2017

Time: from 5pm(?)

Where: In the space

What? Over to you…

We need to organise:

• Food
  • Games & Activities
  • Drinks
  • Music
  • Decorations and lighting
  • Guest list - ie someone to think about anyone extra we should invite. All members and their friends are invited.

Volunteers please step forward!

Some cooking over a big fire would be great. The paella last year was such a great thing.

2 Likes

Lucas has said we can use his robot barman…this raises some issues about how we pay for the drinks…however at the summer party we put some Makerspace budget into liquid refreshments.

What we can’t do is ask for donations, or even have ‘suggested donations’, as that’s pretty much selling alcohol – obviously not allowed. But we can have a donations box nearby

1 Like

Can we cordon off the bar area and have an entrance fee for every time you want to enter that area? Obviously you can only get a drink if you’re in that area.

I think it’s nice not to charge for drinks and budget for it as part of putting on a party.

For food, I thought your 50th birthday food worked really well @Dermot - some bread and humous and stuff from Tooting and the rest potluck - people bring food to share, ideally labelled with ingredients. Including something exciting cooked outside if anyone feels like doing it.

2 Likes

Yeah, we brought in Brixton Kitchen last year, but in the end the stuff @Ana_Nieto and co. cooked added most to the event

I have some faux snow I need to get rid of would you like for the party? Also possibly a load of laser-cut slot together Christmas trees I have left over from a workshop a few years back. I’m about to donate a load of stuff to local school project but the trees and snow useful you guys can have them.

1 Like

Super​:evergreen_tree:! I can bring some food :cake:

1 Like

Yes. Free drinks is definitely my first option! Was just trying to find a loophole in case there’s no freebies.

1 Like

Trees would be great, we could decorate them as an activity. Not sure about the snow. Is it hard to clean up afterwards?

Just a few days to go… Let’s get serious about this.

I haven’t been to the space in ages would be good to get back into the swing of things I am happy to help. I can work from the makerspace Thursday Friday if needed. Can we put a call out to each of the roles to head up some work.
Maybe electronics can help plan some festive lighting or activities.
We should order some laser materials for a build your own X on the day.
Also can we get an answer on budget for drinks?
Mulled wine and Virgin mulled wine will be quite cost effective.

2 Likes

I’ll be in the space on Friday, so let me know if off cuts from Hamar would be useful.

You wanted some budget for this?

Intially I was asking there was an interest in stocking off cuts for practice laser runs on a more long term basis. But I can probably get a 4-6 sheets for a fiver or so which I’m happy to donate to the party.

1 Like

1 Like

Hmmm how old is Lucas now?

@electrotechs are you running electronics night tomorrow. I don’t suppose you want to help with getting some festive lighting set up?

I’m not going to be there tomorrow , sorry