Chopping Board

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49eb65180>

Hi all,

I’ve been wanting to make some end grain chopping boards for a while now and finally had my basic woodworking induction this week! I went to SL Hardwoods yesterday and came back with a nice big 95x115x1180mm chunk of white american ash which i got for outrageously cheap (thanks dieback, i guess?)

I gather that the open cells mean it doesn’t really lend itself to end grain, so I’ll probably just make something more basic, but I could use some help running the ash through the table saw, and routing out some handles and juice grooves. @woodtechs, would anyone be available/willing to help me with this? Looks like it might be a few years before i can get an induction for either of these tools.

Thanks!

This is how we’re doing sign-offs on those tools going forward, give it a go and we’ll get you sorted

2 Likes

When’s this going to happen approx? I’ve been waiting for about a year for the advanced wood working induction. Notice other classes such as the laser cutter are happening nearly bi monthly

There is not an advanced woodworking induction! If you read @mbg post above, all the big tools have a quiz/ online assessment to take then you arrange with a @woodtech to get signed off

1 Like

As per @lewisss the new system is active now, you don’t need to wait any longer, there may be some confusion because there are also still old waiting lists kicking around which still need to be cleaned up…

2 Likes