Bringing router table into action

There is this option. http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodworking-power-tool-accessories-router-tables-router-lifts-inserts-precision-router-lift-and-variable-speed-motor-combo-kit-rutlands+rtx5000combo

Lifter and spindle together.
The biggest issue we have with our router table is all lifters use a square insert that slots into the table which is not possible with ours as our back part of the table is cast iron. But I am sure we could make one.

Going this route would allow us to use the current router on the table as a dedicated circle cutter. Which I know @joeatkin2 thinks is a good idea

Moved to a new topic from jigs. No knowledge / experience to bring to the (router) table (!) but would love an induction on how to use it…

PS change the title of this topic to something more accurate / appropriate

I chose a router with built in micro adjustment. It’s a bit fiddlier than adjusting from on top of the table but a lot cheaper

1 Like

This route was deemed to expensive at the time.

It would be better if we we just use the router as existing for the time and try to do something with those T slots.

I agree with Joe on this one… let’s try as it is first

No problem I will get it going this weekend

2 Likes

@joeatkin2 do we have a switch kicking round so we can turn it off and on from the front?

There is a nvr switch on for it on the bed of the Band saw (or there around)

Router table wired In and perfectly working with nvr switch!

6 Likes

I can’t see in the picture, but I am fairly sure that the emergency stop has to be easily accessible from the tool, that looks quite a way away.

Well is just a couple of screws, I can move it, but anyway is in perfect reach and I think is in the perfect position for it to be found and pressed “in a rush”!
Is a lot closer that what it looks from the picture…
But again, is no effort in moving it…