Big CNC Permanent Install

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4994c9088>

Hi all!

A lot of progress in the CNC area!

Big CNC is now permanently hard wired into Arch 2!

Control boxes mounted

Wires tidied and run through the wall

Still waiting on a few wire glands… but 1 of 3 are done

Waiting on the full workbench to finish they final keyboard and mouse / monitor height, but almost there!

Huge shoutout to @Dario who helped all night to make this possible!

Those working in Arch 2- please keep the area clean -and do not store anything on the CNC machine! Thanks!

11 Likes

I have some I keep meaning to bring in…

1 Like

It wasn’t only work :wink:

4 Likes

Does anyone have a spare VESA mount we can use for the monitor? we can attach it on the back and make more space on the shelf. Thx

2 Likes

More progress on the Big CNC!

We tested out the extraction using the Axminster dust extraction currently on the table saw:

Left everything long until we make sure we like the location of the flexi hose etc and it doesn’t get caught up.

Needed a project to test with! So new door sign for Arch 1 is coming! Will paint it and maybe also the Arch 2 sign to match… came out nice!

No dust left behind, no cleanup! Success!

9 Likes

Nice work, it’s looking great!

1 Like

I think I’ve got one that bolts to the table with and adjustable arm that I’m not using. Still takes up a little bit of bench space tho.

2 Likes

Sounds cool, ok if we try it out?

Thanks!

Yeah, it’s this one, just checked my order history: Invision PC Monitor Arm Ergonomic Height Assisted (Gas Powered) Full Motion Single Arm Desktop Clamp Mount for 17–27” Screens Adjustable Tilt Swivel VESA 75mm & 100mm Weight 2kg to 6.5kg (MX150) https://amzn.eu/d/4CuQe2v

I’ll bring it in next week.

3 Likes

Hi @asander1, I’ve had a wee search on Discourse but can’t find anything. Is the large CNC machine up and running? Just got a project request that will require a bigger machine than the wee laser.

If not, is there a date that we’re planning on getting it ready to go?

Apologies if I’ve missed an obvious post somewhere on here.

Cheers

1 Like

Yes running 100% !

You can ask to the @cnctechs to help you. I’m not around in the next days but maybe one of us can

Thanks all, didn’t realise that the desktop cnc was a prerequisite so signed up for the induction on that. Cheers

1 Like

Yes, it is. Once you get confident with it, ask to the techs for an induction for the big one

1 Like