Bambu Labs X1 Carbon 3D printer
256mm x 256mm x 256mm build volume.
This machine uses only 1.75mm diameter filament.
The materials available for filament for this machine are as follows.
With AMS system: PLA, PETG, ABS, ASA, PET, PA, PC
Without AMS system: PVA, TPU, Carbon/ Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer
PLEASE REFER TO THE MATERIAL/HOTEND/BUILD PLATE GUIDE BELOW as we need to purchase an additional nozzle before printing abrasive filaments
The accessories with this machine are currently as follows:
1x double sided cool and engineering build plate
1x hardened steel 0.4 mm nozzle
1x replacement standard 0.4mm nozzle
eg. Manufacturer, model, capabilities. Include a photo.
Bought new by makerspace via pledge drive
Induction and Training
An induction is required to operate this machine. If you already have been inducted on the Ultimaker, please talk to a 3D Tech to run through the specifics of this machine and its slicer.
Please do not connect this machine to an account. this is to be used with the Micro SD card only
Risk of burns - Low
Risk of entanglement - Low
Fire Risk - Low
State control measures
(Note: The following is effectively the contents of the induction process, if it exists)
- Check that both the build plate printing nozzle is clean and free from damage.
- Check that the build plate that is installed is correct for the material being printed.
- Check that the correct nozzle is install if printing abrasive filaments.
- Slice all files with either Bambu studio slicer or Orca slicer.
- Ensure you make sue all of the following settings are correctly set in the slicer:
- The Nozzle that is being sliced with.
- The correct build plate surface for the selected filament is selected.
- The correct Filament pre-set is selected (For the best results, only use Bambu filaments, they are not much more expensive and are available on re-fillable spools. This is due to the very fine tuning of the machine allowing it to go fast. Non Bambu filaments will run a lot slower in order to increase success.)
Please see Material and build plate reference tables in order to determine the correct nozzle installation and build plate.
If you are using The AMS system, There is a strict man on any filaments that are on cardboard spools and any abrasive, highly flexible filaments, and Damp PVA.
Please see the below guide for switching between using the AMS and standard, single spool operation. If removing the AM please please disconnect The PTFE coupling by the blue end leaving the coupling with the AMS system. Please be careful when detaching any cabling as they all have locking pins.
Please see the below guide for loading the AMS system:
Make sure to add adhesion material where applicable. If the plate needs to be cleaned. remove from the printer and only clean the build surface down with water/isopropyl alcohol and that the build plate is fully dry before re-inserting. Make sure to watch the full first layer go down to ensure adhesion. Periodically check on the machine to make sure the print is still on the build plate.
- Remove the build plate from the machine and flex it being careful not to bend it to release the print from the surface. Please try to avoid using the metal scraper where possible to extend the lifespan of the print surfaces.
- Clear all filament from the waste chute and the build plate. Clean the build plate of any adhesive used (see above)
Regular maintenance guide: