About the Welcome! category

Welcome to South London Makerspace!

Hey,

Happy Weekend,

Just dropping in after coming to see the space most recently. I had some really great conversations with everyone and felt right at home. So chuffed to have found somewhere this amazing so close to home.

The members I met suggested that I drop you an email as I have a bit of a special request. I have applied to be a member prior to Christmas but have a bit of a time sensitive laser work I would like to make for LGBTIQ History month, very simple shape cutting and a little engraving, deadline is the 8th of February as history month is February.

I know you have laser induction on Tuesday the 24th of Jan and would really like to join this, but I am also aware that you won’t meet to discuss new members until after this induction.

I have used Trotec laser cutter for a few years and am quite familiar with how they work so this wouldn’t be a new concept to me at all, just familiarising myself with your set up.

I have also pledged some cash towards the new embroidery machine and have been along to the space a few times for open events and the walk through of the embroidery machine ! so cool!

I’m very eager to start working in the space and wonder if it is at all possible for me to just get in a little earlier to work on this history month work at all?

I understand if not but very eager to join as a member asap.

I spoke with Holly at the open evening. I wondered if it’s possible for someone to host Holly as a guest in order for her to complete her project as she is still on the waiting list?

If it’s possible, I’d be happy to host.

1 Like