Ability to comment on / *suggest* changes to pages, rather than just editing?

As the subject says - can it be done / feature turned on in Discourse so admins / techs can check and approve new content for a page?

Context: I’ve been getting sorted out on the 3D printers, installing and configuring the corresponding slicer softwares, and thought there could be some additions to the respective tools pages to add additional details and guidance like this.
It seems though that my only option is just, to edit.
This page is a good example: Bambu Labs X1 Carbon 3D printer with 4 spool AMS system
There’s so much one COULD add about how to work with the accompanying software, the setup etc. but I also don;t want to just start wildly adding to the main page (I am new to Discourse).

Hi Ed,

Welcome!

After a cursory search, it appears there’s a feature request https://meta.discourse.org/t/suggest-edits-feature/171017 but its not yet a thing.

The markup is the same for PMs or pages so what we’ve done in the past is have people provide the markdown as a PM as a proposal. The 3D printer techs can then take a look and adjust as they see fit.

1 Like

Would it be a bad idea to just add a reply to a page with edit drafts

The main use case so far has been for locked topics so we’ve used other methods. I’m not finding a nice way to keep the proposal post but tidy them short of moderation?

makes sense - thanks!
I like the idea of a PM proposal. And the Groups mechanism is clear, and would make sense as the recipient of a proposal PM.