£250 vacuum former kickstarter

Excellent. I’ll drop off the spare hoover i have then…it’s in a garage outside London but I’m going there tomorrow…might not get another chance for few months.

Theres a few to choose from…bag or bagless doesn’t matter right? More powerful the better?

I’d say it’s simply about the power – we can have some fun experimenting.

@RobertL see above

Should be with us in June…

1 Like

Just arrived today…I’ll bring it in for unboxing/playing with very soon!!!

3 Likes

Do you still need a hoover for it?

This comes at a perfect time, I was investigating building one and stumbled upon this thread.

Serendipity encapsulated in a 1mm sheet of HDPE.

@Dermot when do you think you’ll be bringing it in to the space so that we can play?

Er… I mean make constructive use of it, of course. :slight_smile:

Yours excitedly,

Elliot

It’s in the space now…under the 3d printer, in a cardboard box

@Howard said he might inbox it

EDIT: nothing wrong with play!

If you want to test it out, then do. We’ll brew up a Risk assessment too…

2 Likes

Awesomes. I shall be in to play on the morrow.

Thanks Dermot.

1 Like

The promo materials that formbox have sent have made the thing look like magic and I am extremely excited to have a play.

So, unboxed and had a quick play. Nothing fancy, just did the demos.

It’s a cool bit of kit, but not sure where it should live longer term, so have put it in the original box (sans polystyrene) and put it under the bench next to the metal working area.

I think somewhere in that room would be a good fit, but there were no obvious spots.

I will start a page on the wiki, and we can go from there.

1 Like

Thanks. Any pictures?

We need an area to give it a home… @3dtechs?

@nico.dejong.nz took some pics and/or vids.

I am planning to return shortly and document properly when I have more time.

i did an instagram from Makerspace account.

1 Like

Ah, seen it

What is the object?

Mobile phone holder I believe!

The machine works great!

1 Like

I’ll have a look when I get back from holiday

Don’t get this the wrong way and not that I don’t love the machine (I’ve been asking for one before we move into the arch)

I think the 3D area is already pretty tight as it is and if I understand correctly this will only require to be stored on the shelve above the printer and subsequently used in the clean area big table and I personally don’t think this will be the best place for it.

However I think there is some space between metal and screen printing and the associated noise of the hoover for suction might be better suited to that area.

1 Like

I agree with Laurent that the space and permanence afforded by locating this in the vicinity of the metal/screen printing area works better, especially given the noise and smell (albeit short-lived) exhibited when in use.

Having to move, set up and rehome every use is also likely to put people off using it and increase the chance of it becoming damaged (not willfully, but through accidental misuse or manhandling.)

Elliot

On a separate note, I used the Henry vacuum cleaner for testing, but one connected permanently (if so decided) would be ideal and was kindly offered by @afshind earlier in this thread I believe.

@afshind Is this still available, should a suitable location be agreed?

Elliot

Yes its still available. Outside London, but can do a run and bring into the space if its defnitely needed.

So @silkscreentechs