£250 vacuum former kickstarter

Looks cool. Could be very useful for numerous projects.

It’s about £341 at the moment (with a discount code)

Offer open till Dec 24th.

Pros of this:

• a bunch of guys at Makerversity have spent a couple of years honing it, and presumably ironed out a lot of rough spots
  • saves us lashing one together
  • not much outlay

Cons:

• you always want a bigger one?
1 Like

I’ve always been pro-this. I think it’s cheap and just-works enough to buy for demo outreach (phone cases!) let alone actual use by members.

I’m much more pro now I know how much a proper one costs…

Id be keen on a proper one though, a similar size to the mayku, would be this one:

Remember that the Mayku doesn’t have any of the vac equipment in.

ps (I’d pledge a hundy or so…)

1 Like

For me, that’s too much. For the use I imagine, I’m happy with having to hook up a vacuum cleaner. And for the use (of Makerspace) I imagine, I want “real” money to be spent on a CNC.

I’ve got some ideas that might need vac-forming, but I’d be after something with an ~A3 sized bed

1 Like

et moi aussi.

1 Like

I would love to experiment with this.

Giving this a bump as the discount offer ends on Sunday. We could get it as a Christmas present to ourselves, although it wouldn’t arrive until March…

2 Likes

Why not eh?

Yah, go for it

Yes, yes and yes.

If the £££ is there, then you’ve got my vote.

I’ve ordered it!

Happy Christmas to us!

Now…where will it live?

@3dtechs (to go with fabrication?) @silkscreentechs (to go with moulding/casting?)

5 Likes

Anywhere within easy reach!

I see this little beauty getting a thorough workout soon.

1 Like

How feasible do you think it’s be to clip two moulds together to make one large mound? As in two identical halves to make one large symmetrical mould? Thinking custom Art Deco cabinet handles made out of resin & metal powder (cold casting).

As long as the two halves can be vacuum formed and then cut neatly and fixed together I think it would work – the join might need some detailed work to get invisible?

Suppose there’s only one way to find out…

Roll on March.

I’ve got a couple of Hoover’s knocking around happy to donate to be dedicated for this.

Im new to this vacuum process, the Kickstarter video was helpful but as a newbie what kind things could this help make?..grateful for any YouTube videos or websites to help educate me about this Pandora’s box.

1 Like

Just got a message that it’s on it’s way from Schenzen! So middle of March…

1 Like