£250 vacuum former kickstarter

if it gets used as much as the laser cutter good idea,

if it gets used rarely then lets make do with the henry, space and storage is the issue here

The screenprint area is also overly congested,; the area where it has been placed has been used for the light box this is now obstructing the ability to expose.

Can I suggest rellocating to under the table by wood workshop.

Somewhere in the space is a vacuum cleaner motor which could be built into a box with some pipe for this.

It looks like a silver metal mushroom.

the table by the wood workshop is the one from the textiles area, which has been ‘‘dumped’’ this area should be clear of tables, wood, etc.

Aww ok. Well, I guess it will need another home. I know the @silkscreentechs were planning to use the space under the glass table for an exposure box, if that’s still correct?

@lasertechs are also planning a revamp of that whole corner…although it probably needs to allow for a small CNC by the woodshop doors, and the new HPC laser cutter? @petra mentioned plans for this area

Any space for a vacuum former?

Also: it’s fairly small and light: it could live on a shelf and just use workbench space when needed…

Yes, I am just waiting till I’ve got materials to build light boxes and paper storage shelves under the glass table

how big is it?
There is a dead corner on the electronics benches maybe can go there if @electrotechs are ok with it

2 Likes

no thank you

What about put it on top of the laser materials rack - the shapeoko lived up there for months with no problems? Then can be easily moved to silky table for use and then put away again.

The metal area is really tight for space, don’t think we could store it.

But it could be used on the metal welding bench if needed - this has extraction for the fumes - dunno if this is needed?

Let’s put it on the shelves above the 3D printer as no one else seems willing to give that amazing tool a house.

If we put it there I’ve got few condition.

• It will fall under @3dtechs responsibility
  • Absolutely no mess will be allowed to come with the machine a small box or small sleeves for the spare material, the machine and associated technical doc if any on the top shelves.
  • Someone step forward to be @3dtechs buddy.
  • The machine is added to the booking systems.

I hope this help and give a compromise until maybe better location is found.

2 Likes

hi
just wondering if the vacuum former is up and running?

Only 1 like to my post no official reply, so for now it’s still in the box stored somewhere (not sure where) and most likely waiting risk assessment to be defined. So you’ll need to get in touch with someone from the thread that already used it.

@Vagwin used it already I think?