2018 Spring Clean - proposal

2018 Spring Clean Event - a one off weekend event to clean the space. Dust, mop, hoover, etc the whole space. Directors will be encouraged / “forced” to attend to set a good example. Invite as many members to come down one Saturday or Sunday to come and clean the space from top to bottom. Blow the cob webs away for the new year. One weekend at end of March or in April probably best. Build on the work done by the snug attack. (A clean up, not about throwing stuff away)

Added for clarification:

We will be cleaning:

• Clean Windows inside and out
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Clean the fridge
  • Clean the cupboards
  • wash all the floors
  • hoover the space
  • wipe down all the surfaces
  • empty all the bins
  • wash the bins
  • dust all the surfaces in all rooms

(definatly not in that order)

We won’t be:

• chucking anything out
  • moving piles of stuff
  • contacting owners of property
  • re organising anything
  • hiding anything
  • trying to figure out who stuff belongs too
  • making decisions about chucking things out

What are your thoughts:

5 Likes

@SarahJ any good ideas?

@fincheee your input would be great. Especially after the hard work you put into the snug clearout

Is there any more planned work on the extraction from the woodshop? If so, would it be best to coordinate the clean-up with the work on extraction. That way we can blow the sawdust from every nook and cranny and then hopefully have the upgraded extraction running once the shop is less dusty.

Failing that…we just go with a full spring clean and hope for the best!

I’m in, subject to availability

1 Like

Extraction is finished

Top stuff.

Let the cleaning begin!

As I told you Paul this is brilliant idea and I am up for it.And I really want to have a seasonal edible plants out there.

1 Like

Yep, great idea, I’m in. Maybe this is also the time to continue snug clear out; there are lots of unclaimed items still in there. Construction of the sheet storage area @DAC17 built could be made permanent as per previous thread on the topic. That would allow us to store some of the large sheet material presently cluttering the messy room.

I don’t think we reached consensus on that one. However we need some project storage for larger items in any case.

2 Likes

Need a plan to have a better storage system on the electronics benches , plus if @joeatkin2 can finish the drawer would be cool.

1 Like

Which weekend will it be on?

Many hands make light and happier work

1 Like

Ok so there seems to have been some interest for this.

A few members have stepped forward to volunteer.

I guess if we take “make the space days” or cleaning the snug as the nearest equivalent event then we can just decide a future date and get on with publicising organising that?

I guess it would be good if it didn’t clash with an induction or other space event.

Shall we start looking for responsible dates?

Does any one know how to do those doddle polls thingies?

2 Likes

Just to repeat the objective so it’s clear:

Spend an afternoon tidying up the space / giving it s thorough dust / clean / hoover / washing windows surfaces etc

[Try to avoid discussions about long term tech based solutions to solve these issues]

3 Likes

You can do a poll on here by using the [poll] tag. Otherwise if you lost the dates and times I can make a doodle for you.

1 Like

Use the members meeting as a chance to raise awareness and support for this + gently encourage / bride directors / techs to come along and chip in.

Sounds like the useful members to have for this are techs of relevant areas – so a spring clean of textiles area for example would be able to identify what to keep/dispose of.

I’b be happy to help with a general spring clean. Maybe we could decide a date at the meeting on Tuesday?

2 Likes